Amplify, Clarify, and Testify (ACT) 5 Experience: The Future of Digital Begins with PRINT… ACT Now.June 26, 2014
Magazine Innovation Center @ The University of Mississippi Presents:
The ACT 5 Experience: The Future of Digital Starts with PRINT
October 7 to 10, 2014
The Amplify, Clarify and Testify (ACT) Experience is the only think and do experience that puts the magazine and magazine media experts together with other industry experts from all over the world in addition to 25 to 30 magazine students from The University of Mississippi’s Meek School of Journalism and New Media. The goal of the Experience is to generate executable ideas for the magazine and magazine media industries.
This year’s Experience is going to be divided into five major topics with one goal in mind: providing solutions to industry problems and opportunities.
The five topics are:
1. Audience First: Free yourself from the platform without ignoring the platform. Future industry leaders (i.e. magazine students) answer current industry leaders questions.
2. Consumer Marketing: The newsstands, direct mail and digital marketing to reach the audience. Identifying the problems, the opportunities, and the solutions worldwide.
3. The Changing Advertising Landscape: The present and the future. Tough solutions for even tougher problems.
4. From Creators to Curators and Experience Makers: The changing role of magazine editors. Are we better off?
5. Providing and Creating Magazines and Magazine Media in 2015: Paper, ink, digital and more paper: The intersecting lines between print and digital. The solutions from the different providers.
In addition to the five major topics of the “think and do” experience a host of keynote speakers will also be presenting their views and visions of where the magazine and magazine media industries are heading.
The complete agenda and the names of the keynote speakers will be published soon.
In addition to the ACT 5 Experience, a bonus celebration of the 30th Anniversary of the first national Magazine Service Journalism program in the United States of America will be held on Friday Oct. 10 from morning until noon with an opening dinner on Thursday Oct. 9.
For planning purposes, attendees need to fly to Memphis International Airport (MEM), TN and plan to arrive no later than 15:00 hour. The drive to Oxford is about 70 minutes. The ACT 5 Experience opens with the traditional reception and gala dinner in Oxford, MS at 18:00 hour.
Stay tuned for more information and do not hesitate to email me if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Register today, space is very limited. http://www.maginnovation.org/act/register/